We all know the traditional internal audit risk assessment approach – interview management and employees. But are you looking for other inputs to insure there are not things management missed and as the result, risk being blindsided?
Here are five non-traditional risk assessment sources:
- Read the 10K and Proxy Statement
- Review the Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plans
- Discuss Risk with Peers At Other Companies
- Discuss Business with Vendors and Partners
- Research on Google, Social Media
Bonus: Listen to water cooler talk